Saturday, October 13, 2007

PSA: If you are sarcastic, you will more than likely raise sarcastic children


A sad, but true fact, and I am so sarcastic most of the time, I don't even realize it. Yesterday, Fletcher had kicked off his shoes and peeled off his socks in the car for the 14 billionth time and I was frustrated. Fletch and I have had about as many conversation about why leaving shoes on in the car is such a stellar idea. So when I made the discovery yesterday, I said "Gee Fletch, that was really nice of you to take off your shoes and socks" and immediately thought to myself that perhaps that was a little harsh on a 3 year old. However, not skipping a beat, Fletch got a smirk on his face and replied, "no problem"
Fletch got the opportunity to kick off his shoes when we went to Ypsilanti so I could help Kimberly with a project (that's all I'm saying about that). We hung out and went to the student center and had some lunch. I love how EVERYTHING is an exciting discovery to children. We have flowers at home, but when we see them somewhere else, it can prompt a serious inspection and discussion about how "cool" (their words) it would be if flowers had eyes and a nose and hands and feet.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Roy is working monster hours today and the little fellas and I are going to Niles' football game with Nana and Papa.

1 comment:

Celebrate Today said...

Okay, I always forget to look at the SIS profiles. Today, I saw "blog" on yours. Hmmm . . . Now, you have a stalker. From one highly sarcastic gal to another -- and don't even think of printing this for evidence for the eventual restraining order you will need to get rid of me. :)

Julie (the funny one)