Thursday, October 11, 2007

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad

38 years ago today, my Mom and Dad decided to make their love official and got married...and I'm glad they did. They provided our family with so many things (including life:) They have shown us all about unconditional love, laughter and making family priority.

I remember when I was a little girl, staring at their wedding photos thinking my mom looked like the most beautiful woman alive and my dad looked, well, a lot different:) Those photos and seeing the love on their faces has set a standard for what I expect out of a relationship (which might sometimes annoy my husband), but I'm so glad that they fell in love and showed us what putting in work is all about.



2 comments:

Care said...

Hey Sonja, you are such a sweet daughter! When I read your blog, you really do make me feel better, you always talk about your mom and dad, it makes me think, man I should be more appreciative of my mom, not that I don't love her, cuz I do, she does tick me off daily, but I do love her!!! I love all the pics of your family! We miss you guys!
Love, care

bigmam said...

Sonja
I read your blog right after your scorching assesment of my email. Just made me realize why we love you guys so much. It has nothing to do with the selection of our old age home. Reading your blog brings back memories of the four of you growing, adapting, changing, and accepting. We (me, Mom and Joey)love each and every one of you as if you were the only other person on earth (the good the bad and the ugly). Keep on psting so I can continue to laugh and cry with you.
Dad