Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I am easily distracted

It's a fact I have to face. Ashley (my sister) has teased me for some time about the lack of my multi-tasking ability...it has never become more obvious until recently.

Take Saturday for instance, there I am, scrapping my little heart out, with for one, this girl:



We shared a hotel room and I checked in, so I put it on my card. Greta gave me money, and I noticed she had another $20.00, being the comedian that I am, I told her I would take that too, whoo, funny, and not at all annoying, right? Well, I took a phone call at that point...

cut to the next morning, as I am emptying my pockets from the day before-

Me: Greta, how did I get an extra twenty in my pocket?

Greta: I handed to you.

Me: Wait, what? You handed to me? When?

Greta: When you were on the phone, I handed it to you and you took it.

So up until that moment, in Greta's eyes, not only am I a loud, obnoxious blabber-mouth, I am also a money-grubbing, loud, obnoxious blabber-mouth. I did give her the twenty back, but I have NO recollection of taking it from her, none, like, not even an twinkle in my mind (and no, I wasn't drinking)

And yesterday, I was trying to have a conversation on the telephone, when I saw Sawyer hit Fletcher in the head with a rolling pin! That seems to warrant some kind of disciplinary action, however, I didn't want to interrupt whomever was talking....So if I don't answer the phone, it's not because I don't want to talk to you, it's because I don't want another trip to the E.R.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Hmmm, reconsidering this possible SIS extravaganza retreat...didn't know there would be loud, obnoxious, thieves there.

I never answer the phone. Reality TV, telephones, DONE!!!

Texts, pm's, emails, blogs - THERE!

Greta said...

I always knew you were a money grabbing thief - I just needed some proof! ;) I really enjoyed having you as a roomie and table mate. I'll be sure to only carry pennies next time!

Really, we all know that the truth is you are an incredibly generous kind-hearted soul, so you would have deserved the extra $20 anyway!

Trashly said...

Your first step is admitting it. I am proud of you. Love you.

scrapnic72 said...

Oh, SOnja, I can relate....I think part of the memory thing is protective for mothers of preschoolers.....we forget a lot of what happens to us because otherwise, we would completely go off the deep end!

NDM

Celebrate Today said...

You girls crack me up! I will be sure to hide my wallet during our next crop! :) Funny thing is, I probably would've NEVER realized I had done something like that . . .