Thursday, November 8, 2007

Ears to you, Papa Harlow



My kids have 2 grandfathers that they love deeply, and I feel lucky to have them in our lives. Today is Papa Harlow's birthday, so I feel like it the perfect time to reflect on what he means to us.

My consistently sarcastic, never serious husband showed me a moment of sincerity once when I asked him something like "gosh, you really like your dad, don't you?" he said without hesitation "He's my hero". I love that. (and I can tell this story because Roy never reads my blog;)

I couldn't possibly list all of the things he has done for us, but I know he probably wouldn't want me too, he's just that way. But I will say that he is a kind-hearted, generous, funny man who brings a sense of stability and calm to any situation. And while I may never forgive him for teaching my children the word "buckwheat" (because they like to say it so much, so often), I am so glad that they have him to learn all the important stuff from. He is a hero:)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA HARLOW

2 comments:

Trashly said...

I'm watching Run's House and it makes me miss you even more. I laugh and feel like you should be with me laughing too. Love you and Papa Harlow too. Happy Birthday! :)

scrapnic72 said...

What an amazing tribute.....to be a man's or little boy's hero....now that's a life well-lived if you ask me!

Nicole