Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Happy birthday Niles, Ni-guy, Niley-noodle, Mr. Magoo, Nye-Nye, Niley-poo (did I forget any?)


While you don't let us call you too many of your nicknames anymore, the reason we have always done it is because of the love we feel for you and how incredibly cute you have ALWAYS been. You are so funny and serious and curious and caring, I can't help but love you. On your birthday (that you've been counting down to since August;) I want you to know how much we do love you and look forward to everyday with you:) It doesn't seem possible that you are 13, but you are. My heart is feeling a little achey right now because I know you're headed for great, exciting things...but that might mean I'll lose little parts of you to others (but you'll always keep a part for me, right?)

You changed my name forever and I'm so grateful that God has let me have the privledge of being your Mom, I'm looking forward to getting to know the big boy you. I love you Niles...love, Mom.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Yeah...he's made it to the teenybopper phase alive! You're doing something right! And now you have much much much to look forward to...but at least he's a boy!!

Lori said...

Aww man, you got me all teary eyed!! I even have goose bumps!! Happy Birthday to you "teenager"!!

Care said...

Happy Birthday Niles, hope you had a great day. We sure miss you guys, Esther likes your picture, she says to say"hi"!!! Try not to give your mom a hard time, she just loves ya so much!!!! Take Care

Kate said...

are you ever going to blog again?

I mean your son is cute and all but it's a little stale two weeks after the fact!!!

Care said...

Hey there, Seriously, you need to update your blog, now i'm going through withdrawls!!!!! This is the only way I get to see what's goin on w/ya!!!! Love ya, Care